Here at GMIL, we also offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Contributory pension scheme
• Company paid healthcare and dental care
• Life assurance
• Sick Pay
• Holiday leave rising with length of service
• Further Education Sponsorship
• Ongoing support for training, development and progression.
You will also find other initiatives such as:
• Employee Referral scheme
• Long Service Awards
• Personal Milestone Recognition
• EAP Programme
• Tax saver and bike to work scheme
• Sports & Social Club
• Rewards and Recognition Programme
• Savings Scheme
Current Open Positions
Group IS Engineer Lead
As Group IS Engineering Lead, this person will have responsibility for coordinating, overseeing, and controlling the work activities of the GMIL IS Department to ensure alignment with the GMIL/NIPRO future IT/IS strategic plan. In this role you will have responsibility for reviewing, evaluating, designing, developing and implementing an advanced and compliant ERP system solution to support GMIL’s evolving business. Throughout the duration of ERP Systems investigative work, you will ensure that the current system is fully maintained and developed to meet internal customer requirements. Based on having established an appropriate ERP system for GMIL, you will design a master project onload plan and project-manage all activities through to full implementation of the new ERP system. Working closely with the GMIL IS Team and GMIL Management, you will lead and showcase the IS Function within GMIL and provide broad visibility of project delivery.
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
This role will involve reasonability for the following;
- To scope out key IS design/development projects based on Function demands and alignment with ERP strategy.
- To co-ordinate/make essential program changes to the GMIL Database System in line with specified business demands.
- To manage the integration of new systems (off the shelf/custom designed ) with the GMIL database System.
- To oversee the maintenance of the GMIL Database System and provide support to users throughout GMIL.
- To evaluate off-the-shelf ERP systems and select an appropriate ERP system that best fits GMIL’s future business position.
- To enable full system regulatory compliance based on system software regulations ( ref: FDA, BSI standards ).
- To project-manage systems design/development activities ( new application introductions etc ) to agreed project timelines
- To maximize systems, support resources through efficient work distribution, co-ordination and communications.
- To broaden communications with systems development management within Goodman/Nipro corporation.
- To interface with the appropriate hardware support providers to troubleshoot and resolve systems issues.
- To develop and document training manuals for IS systems. To deliver training to appropriate personnel when required.
- To lead the GMIL IS team effectively and provide essential people management support where required.
- To co-ordinate, in conjunction with validation engineering, the validation of new applications to satisfy regulatory standards.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrable Knowledge of medical device quality systems and ISO13485.
- An ability in number orientation (abilities in Mathematics; Accounting; statistics; and/or Finance)
- Strong computer programming Skills in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and T-SQL (Sql Server).
- Excellent Computer Skills (word, excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) & interpersonal skills.
- An analytical approach to problem solving.
- A self-starter that applies their own initiative in most situations.
- A team player, who works well in a smart team environment, must be able to work effectively with peers in other departments.
- A good communicator who can easily convey his/her ideas and requirements across all levels in the organisation.
Qualification and Education requirements:
- Requires a Level 8 or higher degree in an IT/IS design and Development
- 8 years relevant experience in design/development and implementation of impactful ERP Systems.
- Recent experience with FDA GMP requirements is highly desirable.
Senior Manufacturing Trainer
A key component of this role is to continue to build the operational skill-base, paying specific attention to the skills development and integration of new GMIL employees into the manufacturing operations function ( Entry-Level ). This person will participate in preparing the essential building blocks of an efficient and effective skills development programme, drawing upon best practice. The Senior Manufacturing Trainer will provide hands-on delivery of training in a unique manner that maximizes engagement, measurement, learning and performance. This role is also responsible for providing training for a wide array of assembly and manufacturing tasks, while ensuring safety in the workplace,
Role & Responsibilities:
- To work with the Training & Development Specialist and the GMIL Operations team to design, develop and deliver skills development programs to the manufacturing operations team.
- To introduce and establish an advanced employee entry-level skills development function that imparts essential operational and interpersonal skills, and enables the successful integration of new employees into the GMIL organization.
- To work with the T&D Specialist to configure procedural text in a more meaningful and comprehensible manner without compromising detail intent.
- To fully familiarize new employees ( using various learning approaches ) with common workstation fixtures/production aids/ monitors/mini PC applications etc. in advance of entering the commercial production environment.
- Using examples/data from previous NCRs/CAPA’s, bring heightened awareness to potential risks to avoid recurrence.
- To develop a progress evaluation system to establish individual’s timing advancement from entry-level phase and on to commercial workstation development.
- To provide inputs towards the design and development of advanced workstation skills development programs within GMIL.
- To provide inputs towards the design and development of technical training to support future GMIL manufacturing.
- Create training profiles for new team members
- Maintain training records for all Production Operators and Material Handlers.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop and maintain standardized work for current skill trainings
- To provide concise reporting of the outcome of the skills development programme.
- Develop and maintain a visual way to see training requirements.
- Develop and maintain a versatile operator cross training matrix
- Identify and implement continuous improvement ideas for the skills training centre
Qualifications Experience and Education Requirements:
- 3 years of experience of implementing and delivering medical device operations training.
- Training & Development qualification with practical hands-on experience of training delivery.
- Proven experience in working in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Self-motivated with excellent customer service and strong working/team building relationship skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations and training to a high standard
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficiency in training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, e-learning tools is desirable
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible on work schedule
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- The working hours will be 7.00am – 15:15 and finish 1 hour earlier on a Friday.
- Operate 39 hours
- VHI Healthcare insurance (employee )
- Dental Plan
- Life Cover x 4 times
- After probation Pension 7.5% EE/ER up to 15% ( company match EE contribution )
- 20 Days Leave
- This is an on-site role
We ask that all prospective candidates read our Data Protection Policy document before completing the Application form below. The document can be viewed on this page, or downloaded as a PDF here
To submit CV: The below form is currently unavailable. Please email our Human Resources Department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.